Rudd, driver of the No. 88 Snickers Ford, was the top vote-getter for the Daytona event, which kicks off the NASCAR racing season. Over 10,000 fans cast their votes at the Driver2Crew website, specifically for fans of NASCAR with Sirius radio.
Sirius will carry 10 in-car audio broadcasts for every NASCAR NEXTEL race this season, based on drivers NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series standings and every race will have a featured channel based on fan votes.
For this weekend's Daytona 500, SIRIUS subscribers can hear:
- Live race call provided by Motor Racing Network channel 128
- Jimmie Johnson in-car audio channel 122
- Tony Stewart in-car audio channel 126
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. in-car audio channel 125
- Jeff Gordon in-car audio channel 121
- Kasey Kahne in-car audio channel 114
- Kevin Harvick in-car audio channel 119
- Matt Kenseth in-car audio channel 130
- Jeff Burton in-car audio channel 147
- Denny Hamlin in-car audio channel 144
- Ricky Rudd in-car audio (Fan's Choice) channel 140
SIRIUS combines race broadcast with the driver-to-crew communications on each channel, allowing fans a true insider's broadcast experience.